Apple plans to disable GrayKey box, Grayshift doesn't care, 2019 iPhones with USB-C, solid-state buttons on Apple Watch, and more on this week's episode of The iOS Show! Show notes can be found at theiOSshow.com. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, send an email to feedback at theiosshow.com!
Sponsored by LinkedIn: Go to LinkedIn.com/TIOSS and get a $50 credit toward your first job post!
Sponsored by Molekule: The only air purifier that actually destroys pollutants. For $75 off your first order, visit molekule.com and enter the code TOSS at checkout.
Call us at (202) 642-6667!
Advertising by BackBeat Media
- Apple Confirms Plans to Disable Law Enforcement Access to iPhone via Tools Like GrayKey Box
- Disabled using USB Restricted Mode which disables data transfer after one hour
- Grayshift May Already Have iPhone Unlocking Solution for iOS 12's USB Restricted Mode
- According to VICE's Motherboard... Grayshift says company had "gone to great lengths" to futureproof its technology and that USB Restricted Mode had been "already defeated"
- DigiTimes Vaguely Says 2019 iPhones Are 'Likely to Support USB-C'
- According to DigiTimes... Apple's 2019 series of iPhones come with USB Type-C support
- Why USB-C headphones aren’t, and likely never will be, mainstream
- May mean USB fast charging, lightning interface, may mean USB-C on the bottom
- Future Apple Watch to Adopt Solid State Buttons With Haptic Feedback
- According to FastCompany... digital crown will still physically rotate, as early as 2018
- Apple Releases Updated Beta of New watchOS 5 Operating System to Developers
- Works on Series 1 and above... fix to the original seed which could brick series 1 watches